I heard about these new eyeshadow palettes from my lovely April. She made a video review on them here. My initial thought was: $4.99 for a Wet n Wild eyeshadow?! That's almost the same price as Maybelline! I remember the days when all Wet N Wild products were 99 cents! Well now that the makeup industry is booming, almost every drugstore makeup brand is stepping up their game.
I'm going to keep this review short and sweet. Sorry if the pictures are a bit sporadic, I purchased these products on separate occasions.
Lust is the most popular palette because it's always sold out at my local Walmart. It consists of dark plums and charcoal which is perfect for smokey eyes.
Overview on the eyeshadows based on my personal opinions.
- Highly Pigmented
- Vivid colors
- Silky smooth upon application.. just spread it like butter!
- Able to use without primer
- No creasing (on my lids anyways)
- Inexpensive ($4.99-$5.99 so works out to be $1/eyeshadow)
- Wearable Colors
- Nice Variety to fit peoples' preferences. (i.e.Vanity is more on the warm side while Greed is more on the cool side.)
- Matte colors are really powdery but they really stick to your lids
- Hit or miss with some colors which is usually the case with most palettes anyways (BTW, I'm only referring to the Greed Palette)
- Cheap and unattractive packaging
- Eyeshadow applicators it comes with is garbage, especially the wonky eyeshadow brush... what were these people thinking?
Either way, these new Wet N Wild Eyeshadows are a win for me and I plan to do some tutorials on them soon. Until next time! Ciao!