L-R: Burt's Bee Lip Shimmer in Champagne, Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate oil, Beeswax Lip Balm (the original with peppermint flavor), Sun Protecting Lip Balm SPF 8 Passion fruit
- Keeps lips moisturized longer than other lip balms.
- Lips look and feel softer.
- Soothes cracked and flaky lips.
- Made from natural beeswax and essential oils.
- Comes in a variety of scents and targets specific needs. i.e. chap lips, sun protect, shimmery lips
- No animal testing.
- Fun to collect! (For me anyways. ^_^)
- Consistency is a bit hard so you have to let the balm melt on your lips before spreading it.
- Expensive for a lip balm. About $5 CAD per tube, otherwise you can get a good deal if you buy them in a pack.
- Feels a bit waxy if over applied.
My favorite is the Replenishing lip balm with pomegranate oil. It smells so good and it's the smoothest compared to all of them. I also have the Burt's Bee Honey flavored lip balm which smells like 100% honey but I gave it to my sister. The one with SPF 8 smells good also but it is hard to apply so you have to let the product melt a bit first. It also leaves of a white cast because of the SPF ingredients.
Not only does Burt's Bee carry lip balms, they also carry lip glosses and lip shimmers. I bought the Lip Shimmer in Champagne which is a frosty pink color. It is very moisturizing but I picked a bad color because it has way too much silver shimmers which clashes with my skin tone. I can't wear this one at all. See swatches below.
I honestly do prefer these lip balms over others mostly because of it's staying power. Even after eating, this sticks to my lips! I apply the Burt's Bees original mint lip balm on my lips before bed and I wake up with the softest lips ever! Loves!