Friday, April 30, 2010

Review & Swatches: Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer & Blush

Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer 

In shade Beige Medium 0-2.5

The Claim: Conceals with an amazing air-soft feel. Completely covers dark circles, imperfections and redness. Blends and smooths away imperfections instantly.

Overall: 4 out of 5 (because it works)
Packaging: 3 out of 5 (typically I don't like jarred products but because of the nature of this product.. the jar is practical)
Price: $6-$8
Size: 3 g
Would you buy this again? Yes

I like this stuff. It does what it claims and gives me the coverage I need. I don't know how well this covers major dark circles but I can tell you that it's buildable. It consists mostly of dimethicone so it's easy to blend and spread. The consistency is air whipped but creamy at the same time. I wouldn't recommend this for people with fine lines or wrinkles for it will settle in and make it more noticeable.



Next up, Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush

 
L-R: Pink Frosting 10, Peach Satin 20, Rose Petal 25

The Claim: Air-soft formula provides luminous, long-lasting color on cheeks. Glides on smoothly and blends easily for seamless color and a natural, radiant finish. Long-wearing formula will not clog pores.

Overall: 3 out of 5 (some colors have way toooo much shimmer)
Packaging: 3 out of 5 (typically I don't like jarred products but because of the nature of this product.. the jar is practical)
Price: $6-$8
Size: 5.75 g
Would you buy this again? Yes

This comes with more product than the concealer so that's nice! It's also more "moussy" than the concealer and less creamy. I bought two of these last year in the colors Peach Satin and Rose Petal. However, I wasn't able to pull these off because they don't show up on my skin (I'm around NC37-40). So anyways, I give them to my sister who is really fair (NC 20ish?) and they look so lovely on her! I decided to try a new color that might work on me and I found it! Pink Frosting is a bright pink color in the jar but when applied gives a subtle pink glow. It's very natural looking and blends in flawlessly. I wouldn't recommend this for people with dry or flaky skin for it will enhance the flakes! Staying power is about 5 hours without primer or makeup underneath. One big con about these is that some colors, i.e.Peach Satin, have way too much shimmer/glitter! It's hard to see the blush color when you have micro reflecting glitz everywhere. Here are the swatches unblended:


They all look the same here but trust me, they are different!
This is what they look like all blended on our bare cheeks. The first cheek is mine and the rest are my sister's.



L-R: Pink Frosting 10, Peach Satin 20, Rose Petal 25
 

These been around in the market for awhile so most of you probably already own one in the past but who knows, maybe I might have sparked up your interest again :p

29 comments:

ectini said...

I have that concealer and I love it :D Thanks for the blush swatches hehe, feeding my new blush obsession! I want to get Pink Frosting just because the name is so cute! Too bad about the shimmer in the others, Peach Satin looks so pretty in the jar!

Thi said...

Thanks for the review! :D I wish I could wear blush, but when I do, it seems as if I'm colouring the concealed blemishes on my cheeks :\ So then there's no point... lol...

xo

Fifi said...

Awesome review and swatches! I've never seen dream mousse concealer here but I'll check it out next time I'm visiting Maybelline.

Pink Frosting looks really pretty on you! :)

DinaXYYan said...

I heard great things about dream mousse concealer too! it's great that it works on you :D the blushes are so pretty too.

Anonymous said...

It makes me remember that I bought one a few years ago...and may be I should use it now ^^

Ritalime said...

Ooh, I need to try this concealer. However, I do have a lot of fine lines under my eyes, hope this product doesn't amplify it like you said. :D

Stephine said...

Oh, looks like I need to pick that concealer up. I've been eying them for awhile, but it looks like something that'd be good for my blotchy red cheeks!

Sheefa F said...

I am so tempted to give the concealer a try :)

Delete said...

i really wanted to try the maybelline mousse blushes, thanks for doing this review! ill be sure to stay away from the overly micro shimmery ones. ( : BTW, I like Rose Petal on you most! ^^

Delete said...

or actually your sister. ( : haha

Krystle said...

Thanks for the review:) Maybelline is one of my fave cosmetic brands and it's a shame they don't offer a variety of foundation shades with yellow undertones (well, for me anyway lol I'm a NC42). I've never bought their "dream mousse" range before and I went to my local drugstore the other day and there was a 3for2 special offer so I thought I'd give it a go. I ended up buying one of the dream mousse products because I needed a new mascara and my sis wanted a solo eyeshadow lol. I got the "dream mousse shimmer" in champagne (02). I think it's great as a highlight. Thanks for the swatches of the dream mousse blushers :) 'peach satin' looks lovely... i'm going through a peach/coral phase at the moment lol. Might get it next time. Also 'rose petal' looks pretty:)

anne said...

i use the concealer and the powder together!! i just found out about these two this year (believe it or not) anddd before that, i used to use mac's select cover up + mac's msf natural to set... the maybelline dream matte line def blows the mac combo, AND THEN SOME!
i love love love maybelline's concealer + powder!! i've been bigging it up with EVERYONE and anyone who'll listen lol

<3

Ally said...

your reviews are so great! very detailed and convincing!

The Fac Couture said...

Interesting blog post!
Where do you usually shop for your beauty products? Do you have to spend alot since you are often doing reviews?

Thanks and hope you will drop by my site when you are free.
www.thefaccouture.blogspot.com

xoxo, JN from The Fac Couture

Anonymous said...

Those blushes look beautiful on you sister!! Unfortunately I'm with you with the darker skin that cream blushes often don't have the same effect on me.

**"Liza"** said...

I use to used dream mouse foundation and concealer until I start breaking out like carzy. But I never use the blush though..Great review here Hun..Its verey helpful..;)

Laura Beth said...

Wow, that concealer is awesome, so natural. Did it crease at all through out the day?

makeuponmind.blogspot

xox Laura Beth

Latinminx79 said...

Hi girl love you blog, Just FYI I nominated you for an award!!!

Jean said...

Great review...I'm always looking for less expensive drugstore products but am wary of buying them without seeing reviews. I'm going to try the mousse concealer now!

dblchin (double chin) said...

u n ur sisters all hv very good skin!!! Brilliant!

grapeSeed said...

i usually only watch ur vids and just started reading ur blog posts... and man! they are so helpful!!
Love and appreciate this review, thank you =)

faye lu said...

ohhh so pretty! i have to pick one (two or three) up ~ xo

Gasai Photography said...

The blush looks really interesting. i'd like to try it out and see if it works for me... i hope does *fingers crossed*

btw i'm following you :)
http://beautystyleaddict.blogspot.com/

Christine said...

hmmm I love the feel of the blush and I'm sure the concealer feels the same but I don't like the idea of buying it and then not matching my skin tone. one of the downsides of drugstore products :(

Unknown said...

i have the dream mousse foundation adn i love it! <3

Unknown said...

omg!!! the dream mousee faundation looks amazing!!! i have freckeles that i wan to cover but not alot ( dont want to look fake ) so thanks for try in it!
---xoxo
Purplecrush93

EVE-O-LUTION said...

grt review- I have peach satin and it looks grt on me :)
m going to try the concealor- ive got a bad case of under-eye circles so this seems good :)

Bee
http://insidebeeni.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

colors are pretty! Please check out my blog beautychatterblog.com

MaviDeniz said...

i love these blushes, i have the rose one, sometime i even put a little on my lid with a brown like MAC wedge in the crease :)