Wednesday, February 3, 2010

REVIEW & SWATCHES: Revlon Lippies

Revlon Matte Lipsticks

(L-R) Nude Attitude, Pink Pout, Mauve it Over, Pink About It.


Color description according to Nee.
Nude Attitude: Peachy Nude with orange undertone
Pink Pout: Cool pale blue-pink
Mauve it Over: I always thought mauve was more of a greyish purple/pink color but the color of this lipstick is more of a muted pinky-brown. None of the less, this is my fav out of the bunch!
Pink About It: Bright watermelon red. Think 60's!


Overall Rating: 3/5 (in general)
Price:
$5-$8 CAD
Packaging: Sleek and practical!
Would you buy this again? I would only buy Mauve it Over again. The rest I can pass.

I'm sure you've heard all about the Revlon Matte Lipsticks already. Everyone has either tried Nude Attitude or Pink Pout-- a nude shade and a baby pink shade, how can one go wrong?

Well, here's my two cents on these lipsticks. The paler the lipstick, the more drying it is. Nude Attitude is unbelieving drying.. if you don't exfoliate or apply lip balm before putting these babies on, be prepared for nasty flaky lips! If you are one of the smart girls who did do this, you won't have any problems with these lipsticks. Top it off with some gloss and you're good to go! Btw, I'm one of the smart girls ;) Pics below to prove it!

Before:
After:
Top Row: Nude Attitude, Pink Pout
Bottom Row: Mauve it Over, Pink About It

One thing I love about these lipsticks is the pigmentation. I have super pigmented lips (brownish-pink) and these lipsticks are pigmented enough to provide an opaque application. Mauve it Over is my favorite because it gives me a "my lips but better" color and it's a great everyday lipstick paired with black eyeliner. It's moisturizing compared to Nude Attitude and Pink Pout. Pink About It is the creamiest which is a shame since I would never wear it out in public. It clashes with my skin tone!


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss

(L-R) Nude Lustre, Life's a Peach, Pink Whisper, Pink Pursuit, Cherries in the Glow

Overall Rating: 5/5 (in general)
Price:
$4-$8 CAD
Packaging: 5/5
Would you buy this again? Yes!

I've mentioned these before on my blog but never got around to swatching them. They are hands down the best drugstore lipsticks in my opinion. I love the color selection, the pigmentation, and the pretty sturdy packaging-- it has a twist click cap so you'll never have to worry about lipgloss leaking in your purse! I like CoverGirl Wetslicks Amazemint lipglosses too but the packaging is cheap and prone to product oozing. Below are swatches for your viewing pleasure :D

(L-R) Nude Lustre, Life's a Peach, Pink Whisper, Pink Pursuit, Cherries in the Glow

As you can see, they are thick! However, they are not that sticky and they go beautifully on top of the Revlon Matte Lipsticks. I used to pair Nude Attitude with Life's a Peach all the time before I started buying lipsticks. They all have shimmers in them (not chunky glitter that you can feel on your lips!) except for Cherries in the Glow which is just an opaque red color.

These are the only Revlon lippies I have. Actually, I had one super lustrous lipstick in Just Enough Buff but I threw it out to make space. It had no pigmentation and was hard as a rock. I tried to make it work but it proved to be unworthy. I didn't like any of the other colors I saw either.. do you have any recommendations?

29 comments:

Ee Von said...

Great post! I love seeing recommendations and swatches so it won't go wrong whenever i wanna get something. thanks! :D

Kate Gene said...

I have Nude Attitude and I like it! (OMG... That sounded like that one song... "I've got a new attitude and I like it!" Bahahaha!)

I love all of those colors on you! I think Pink Pout is my favorite of the bunch! I'm putting it on my list! :)

Life's a Peach and Pink Whisper are soooo pretty!

Great reviews!

P. S. Are you going to IMATS?

Liana said...

ooh, now i want to try all of them! thanks for the post :)

DinaXYYan said...

Thanks for the swatch! I know what shade i'm going to get now :D

Fifi said...

I have Pink Pout and love it!
Mauve It Over looks very nice when swatched but it doesn't show much on my very pigmented lips. :(

Anonymous said...

Nice swatches! I love the nude and bright pink lippies on you! And Nude Lustre and Cherries in the Glow glosses look beautiful! I'll definitely be checking them out =)

Angelique said...

Thanks for the swatches! I'm loving that Mauve It Over too! Maybe I'll snatch one up in the near future :]

MyLifeMits said...

I have the pink whisper Revlon lipgloss too..and I LOVE it! :)
Thanks for the review and swatches!

KimWen said...

I love mauve it over but not having luck finding it at the store the last time it was on sale. i guess i'll look harder for it.

amynaree said...

thanks for the swatches! mauve it over is such a pretty color, might try to grab that next time there is a sale

i only have 1 revlon lippie and that's in nude attitude. i do love their glosses as well the packaging reminds me of chanel glosses! i use to pair nude attitude with pink whisper on top all the time for when i want nude lips

Marina said...

OMG, i'm so inlove right now with Nude Attitude and Pink Pursuit :) very nice swatches ...

xbbkay said...

the lipglosses look beautiful. Thanks for reviewing. i think i will check them out when i get a chance!

Nikki said...

been thinking of getting the nude attitude for quite some time now but didnt know how it'll look on me.

but lately i've been into lippies that are nude that have orange-y undertones :] so thanks!!!~

xoxo Nikki

please feel free to check out my blog too >> http://ewwitsnikki.blogspot.com

April said...

Nee FANTASTIC blog post as always! : Ohh I wanna buy pink whisper now! Hehehe! I hope you are having a great weekend! Justin proposed to me today. You are the first I told among all my friends on YouTube and blog. Heheeh! I haven't told anyone yet so *shhhh* hehehe! I am soo happy I had to tell my wonderful friend Nee! :)

BeautyAndTheBrute said...

Thanks for this! I've never bought revlon lipsticks before - but after this i think i want to get nude attitude and mauve it over! :)

<3
randomnesswithkhris.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Hy, I just found your videos on youtube and I am subscriber, I love your tutorial, you're a very relaxing person.

Also following your blog :D

Have a fun day

kiss

Shilka said...

wow, you are so lucky to get all those colors. In my country (Singapore) only 4 colors from the line have been introduced - and thankfully "mauve it over" is one of them. It's so perfect - I use it mostly as lip-gloss base tho xD

muchocolores said...

ohh! Thank you soo much, i've tried some of the lipppies from revlon before but not many. :D i'm def going to try mauve it over. *tee-hee*

check out my blog. i swear its not boring

The Hungry Wolf DC said...

oooo i love all the lippies on you! i'm still on the lookout for the perfect nude lip, i'm using concealer and vaseline for now hahaha. i've never tried a mac lipstick and i really like the shade "myself" from the all ages all races collection so maybe i'll try it?

anyways as i threw my hoodie in the wash, i thought of you. LOL

<3jimin

Unknown said...

Hi nee,

the collection looks so nice. I love pink colors and they all look amazing!

April Jane said...

Awww I love your blog hun, thanks for this review coz I've been wanting to buy Revlon lippies, atleast I get a closer look. I'm definitely getting the Pink Pout. Visit me sometime.. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I love your blog huni.. although i now have a massive urge to go shopping haha :) I just started a new blog so take a look if you can thecreepyprincess.blogspot.com/ xxx

dblchin (double chin) said...

this is crazy U have so many lippies! GIMME ALL! lol~

Marina said...

I'm so inlove with Nude Attitude )) it looks very pretty on your lips !!

Suzanna said...

hey doll! I love your blog, i was poking around :) toooo cute! I super duper love these lippies:) im a new follower and a new blogger come visit/follow me www.suzannamansour.blogspot.com

xoxo suzanna

Krystle said...

I've never bought any Revlon products before because they are a little pricey than other drugstore brands. However, I did have a few £2 off voucher and I wanted to get a new lipgloss so I read reviews about the Super Lustrous lippies and bought two in Coral Reef and Nude Lustre. They are fab! My natural lips are pigmented (pinky brown) and it's hard to find a decent lipgloss that will 'conceal' it lol. Nude Lustre is now my 'everyday lippy' and the colour is rich and very pigmented. Don't really need a lipstick, however I did wear it with my Rimmel Lasting Finish lippy in Birthday Suit. They go well together:)

Una Ethans said...

hi do u have facebook?

Anonymous said...

I recommend 'Peach Petal' from the Super Lustrous range. It's an easy to match nudey pink, also one of my favourite lipglosses! :)

http://beautynthepeach.onsugar.com

Audrey said...

I love pink pout but it is soo drying on my lips :( your swatches are soo nice im debating getting mauvin over

Audrey :)
http://showitandglowit.blogspot.com/