Sunday, September 6, 2009

REVIEW: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Warm Me Up

The Claim: "Crisper color from pure pigments. Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar. Lipcolor so rich, so stunning… it’s sensational. "

Overall: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 3 out of 5
Price: $8-10
Would you buy this again? If it were on sale, yes.

My favorite Maybelline lipstick is a color called Nude Blush from the Moisture Extreme line. It's an opaque nudey pink color that suits my skin tone naturally and feels very moisturizing on my lips. I compared this lipstick to Warm Me Up and these are the conclusions that I've drawn.

In terms of color, i prefer Nude Blush. Warm Me Up is bit of a brownish pinky mauve... a bit too earthy for my taste. The Color sensational smells like coconut whereas Moisture Extremes smell like Nair's Hair Removal Cream, something i don't particularly fancy. Both Lipsticks are moisturizing but Nude Blush is a lot more creamier.

Staying power is average and there is no need to line your lips with this lipstick because the color will not bleed pass your lips as it is thick in consistency. I really detest the tube because it's long and that makes removing the cap off a little bit of a hassle. I'm just not used to it. Despite that, it's worth a try.



Warm me up shows up really blue-pink with flash. In real life, it's more of a brownish pink.



My lips are pretty pigmented and both colors showed up very well.

6 comments:

hanidee said...

Nice review hun. I like nude blush too!

hollyannaeree said...

Oo i really like nude blush on you!

jooLee said...

nice shades!

Bijin Blair said...

Nude blush looks really good!

And girl, thank you for visiting my blog =D

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just can't beat a good drugstore lippie. I'll be checking these out as soon as uni lets me breathe!

grapeSeed said...

they BOTH look awesome on u!