Hey guys! Long time no blog! I really miss reviewing and sharing my experience with beauty related stuff so I decided to start getting back into the swing of things. Over the past year, I've tried many new products-- some I liked and others not so much. Today I'll be sharing my thoughts on the Balm Nude 'Tude eyeshadow palette. :)
This palette retails for $36 USD for 0.382 oz. but sometimes the Balm is on hautelook.com for 50% off so keep an eye out for it! The packing is made of cardboard but the built is pretty sturdy IMO. The double ended brush is a nice addition but I always travel with my Sigma brushes. I also like the fact that it comes with a nice big mirror inside! The Nude'Tude comes in two packagings-- Feeling Naughty and Feeling Nice. The eyeshadows are exactly the same but the Naughty palette (pictured above) has cartoon girls posing provocatively. I think I would really like this if I were a lesbian. ^_^" This palette reminds me of the Urban Decay Naked Palette and the Too Faced Natural Eye Palette because it consists of everyday neutral colors. The finish of these eye shadows includes satin, matte, and shimmery. Finger swatches below with no primer. I think they stand out pretty well against my medium skintone. :)
Top row: Sassy, Stubborn, Selfish, Sophisticated, Sexy, Serious
Bottom row: Snobby, Stand-offish, Sultry, Seductive, Silly, Sleek
- Nice variety of neutral colors for daytime and night time looks.
- Eyeshadows are very smooth and pigmented. I consider the formula on the high quality side.
- Matte shadows are usually chalky but these matte colors are so buttery smooth (i.e. Serious, Sultry, and Sleek).
- Good for the price. Especially if you can find it for $18! That would be a steal!
- Some eyeshadows look beautiful in the pan but don't translate well on my skin (i.e. Silly and Sophisticated)
- Not readily available in Canada. Sephora doesn't carry it and only some Rexall stores have it. You can always by it online though. :)
Would you recommend this: Yes! This is great for those who love their nudes/neutrals. The colors are nice and perfect for everyday wear. I don't own the Urban Decay Naked Palette so I can't really compare the two. But in comparison to the Too Faced Natural Eye Palette which I do own, I would say the quality is at par with the Balm having lesser fall out. You can find this palette on the Balm website and if you live in Canada, you can find the Balm cosmetics at Rexall Pharma Plus and London Drugs.
Do you have this palette? What are your thoughts? :)
Until next time, ciao bellas!