L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow
Claim: "24 Hour long lasting wear, waterproof formula. A breakthrough formula that creates a hybrid texture that lies between a creme and powder for an unprecedented velvety feel. Easy application with bold color, and enhances and heightens color for a dramatic, prismatic effect."
Overall: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Price: $9-$11 CAD
Size/Weight: 3.5 g
Would I recommend this? Yes
- Hands down the best drugstore eyeshadow to date. (Believe me, I'd tried all the drugstore e/s and this is the best in quality and performance.)
- Cheaper alternative to Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Intense Eyeshadows but the colors are not dupes. (Some differences are: ETK comes in a glass packaging vs plastic, ETK is creamier, KTK colors are more multi-dimensional.)
- Very pigmented.
- The claim about the colors being long lasting only holds true for the darker eyeshadows. Time Resist White, Hourglass Beige, and Forever Pink faded on me within 3 hours. All Night Blue, Burning Black, and all the other darker colors stayed put for the whole day without a primer.
- Not as much fallout as regular loose pigments.
- Beautiful array of colors to choose from but they are all one-dimensional.
- Easy to blend.
- All shadows are shimmery with a satin finish. No chunky glitters.
- Cream to powder finish creates a bolder, more intense look.
- Great makeup for on the go because all you have to do it swipe it over your lids.
- A bit expensive for a drugstore eyeshadow. $10 a pop.
- Lighter eyeshadows colors within this line don't last for 24 hours on my eyelids unless I use a primer underneath. Without a primer, it lasted for about 3 hours on my lids before the color started settling into the crease.
- The darker colors (All Night Blue, Burning Black, etc) left a stain on my lids so always use your primer as base.
- Have to use your fingers to apply this as it doesn't adhere to makeup brushes unless you wet them.
- Because you have to use your fingers, your nails have to be short, otherwise it will dig into the eyeshadow.
- Colors are one-dimensional and only a few of them stand out to me. (i.e. All Night Blue, Permanent Khaki)
I got 9 out of 11 eyeshadows. (I'm missing Eternal Black and Endless Chocolat.)
Pictures of the package:
Unfortunately, these aren't available in the States yet but they are in Canada, Europe, and some other Asian countries. My favourite ones are Permanent Khaki and All Night Blue! Have you tried these yet? What are your thoughts?
*This post contains a product that was sent by a PR from the company. However, all opinions expressed are solely mine and were not influenced in any way.